Already a member?
ESSENTIAL MEMBER INCLUSIONS
PREMIUM MEMBER INCLUSIONS
PREMIUM PLUS + MEMBER INCLUSIONS
1. Rider Support Australia will provide the member with roadside assistance Australia wide. Membership may be registered under the name of an individual, company or an organisation. The membership will apply to the vehicle, which must be currently registered.
2. Member services/benefits will become effective two (2) business days after the receipt of payment. Membership/s must be paid for and current to obtain any services or benefits.
3 Should you replace your motorcycle, your membership is transferable. In order for the transfer to take effect, you must update your details in your Rider Support Australia account via the website or app within 7 days of vehicle changeover occurring. Transfer will become effective two (2) working days after changes have been made.
4. Any changes to the motorcycle registration number or change of address must be updated in your Rider Support Australia account, within 7 Days of the change occurring. Registration number changes will become effective two working days after changes have been made.
5. All fees paid to Rider Support Australia (including membership fees, administration fees, service fees) are non-refundable.
6. Service will not be provided to a member who in our view is abusive, threatening or violent to any Rider Support Australia staff member or contractor, or a member who attempts to receive service by deception. Should a member behave in this way we may, after investigation;
7. When requesting roadside assistance, you must provide the correct motorcycle details and the exact location of the bike. All services will be at your expense if we are not able to confirm your membership or locate you based on the information you have given us.
8. Roadside assistance is only available on any sealed or designated road that the service provider deems to be safe for both themselves and/or their equipment, and access is available.
9. Towing or pick-ups will be provided using the most appropriate equipment available (such as lift-tow or flat-top truck) as determined by Rider Support Australia. Should specialised towing equipment or personnel be required (such as power winches, extended cables or hydraulic vehicle moving jack dollies etc.) this service will be at the driver/member's expense - payable upon request of service.
10. Any charges for batteries, excess towing, salvage, emergency fuel, locksmiths, holding yards and toll costs at the time of service, are payable by the member at the time of service. Failure to pay any of these charges will void your membership and incur any necessary recovery costs.
11.Each call to Rider Support Support Australia and the subsequent Call Out is treated as a new call out, even if for the same breakdown. This includes the pickup of a motorcycle that has been taken after hours to the Member’s home, a holding yard or other place of safety, and subsequently requires further pick up for the same breakdown.
12. We will not authorise or pay for any service performed/carried out prior to the commencement date of the membership.
13. In the interests of rider safety, we will not authorise the use of any aerosol tyre repair kits for road motorcycles. Should the motorcycle have a flat tyre, the motorcycle will have to be towed.
14. If you are not in attendance with your motorcycle at the time when the service provider arrives, the service cannot be performed and one call-out will be deducted from the member's call-outs. Further call-outs related to the same breakdown will be considered a separate call-out.
15. Roadside assistance is provided in the event of an unexpected mechanical breakdown. It does not cover motorcycle maintenance or permanent repairs. Temporary repairs may be made at the request of the member/rider to mobilise the motorcycle (where possible). However, regular maintenance or any mechanical repairs (major or otherwise) is the member’s responsibility and will be at the member's expense.
16. We will attempt to transport all passengers with the motorcycle, provided that each person can be legally transported in the tow truck. In the event that we are unable to transport all passengers, Premium Members can have up to $150 reimbursed for a single journey in a taxi, uber or similar ride-share service. A receipt must be presented to Rider Support Australia within seven (7) days via firstname.lastname@example.org along with details of the pickup and drop off dates and locations. Essential members, alternative transport must be organised at the member’s expense.
17. If you are involved in an accident with your motorcycle more than 100km from your registered address, Premium Members receive up to $400 in emergency and non-emergency ambulance transport cover.
18. Should your motorcycle be immobilized by a breakdown more than 100km from your registered address for more than 24 hours, we will provide up to seven (7) nights accommodation up to the value of $150 per night to a maximum of $1050 including GST, room cost only, should you decide to remain with your motorcycle while it is repaired locally, or if alternative transport is unavailable. Any amounts charged in excess of this limit will be at the member’s expense. This benefit can only be used in conjunction with rental vehicle as per section 20 and will stop once your motorcycle has been repaired.
19. Should your motorcycle be immobilized by a breakdown more than 100km from your registered address for more than 24 hours, we will reimburse you for the costs of a rental vehicle for up to seven (7) days up to a value of $99 per day to a total limit of $693 including GST. Receipts must be in the members name, and presented to Rider Support Australia within seven (7) days via email@example.com, otherwise the member will not be reimbursed.
Any amount charged in excess of this limit will be at your cost. You will be responsible for all fuel costs, toll charges, insurance excess reduction, excess kilometre charges, any traffic infringements, any relocation fees, any damage and any excess or insurance waivers on the rental vehicle. This benefit can only be used in conjunction with Emergency Accommodation as per section 20 and will stop once your motorcycle has been repaired.
20. Alternately, Should your motorcycle be immobilized by a breakdown more than 100km from your registered address for more than 24 hours, you may choose to combine your Accomodation and Rental Car benefits for a maximum of four (4) nights accommodation up to the value of $150 per night and four (4) days car rental to a value of $99 per day, to a total limit of $1000 including GST. This benefit will stop once your motorcycle has been repaired, and all additional charges and limits as per sections 18 and 19 above.
21. Rider Support Australia is an emergency roadside service only. Therefore, roadside assistance services and/or pickup benefits do not apply for;
22. For Premium Members, if you lose your keys, we will reimburse up to $150 including GST for the approved emergency transport of spare keys, including courier, taxi, uber or similar ride-share service. A receipt must be presented to Rider Support Australia within seven (7) days via firstname.lastname@example.org along with details of the pickup and drop off dates and locations. In ALL other situations where the key is not accessible, we will arrange for the motorcycle to be towed. We will not be responsible for any damage incurred, or for any repair costs that result from moving the motorcycle while it is locked. All additional costs are at the members expense.
In the event the member insists the motorcycle be broken into, to recover keys locked inside a compartment or pannier, no responsibility or liability is taken by Rider Support Australia or its contractors for any damage to your vehicle that may occur as a result. Due to contractor limitations, this service may not be available in all cases.
23. If a member makes use of all the service call-outs in a membership term, the membership will be deemed void. To receive further roadside assistance, you will be required to pay a service fee by credit card at the time of the call for each additional service request, or take out a new policy. Unused call-outs will not be carried forward. Premium Membership has no call-out limits, subject to Section 24 below.
24. If a member has received and continues to request roadside assistance or pick up of a motorcycle repeatedly on an unjust and excessive number of instances in a year, we may refuse to provide further roadside assistance or pickup and will then offer an alternative service at the member’s expense – payable upon request of service.
25. Limits of liability per yearly membership for each protection plan:
26. Rider Support Australia reserves the right to amend prices and inclusions of policies without prior notice.
27. Rider Support Australia does not cover breakdowns caused by conditions that existed prior to the commencement of membership. Any failure that occurred prior to the commencement of your membership will be at the member's expense and payable at the time the service is provided.
28. Metropolitan Areas: are defined by Rider Support Australia as areas under the unifying influence of one or more major towns or cities. Metropolitan areas are mainly the area that is not a part of a city but is connected to a major city, town and surrounding suburbs to other neighbouring communities.
29. Country Areas: are defined by Rider Support Australia as large isolated areas of an open country often with low population density and are not within a 50Km radius of a metropolitan area, repairer or place of safety.
30. Should you be travelling with an approved, motorcycle specific trailer fitted and your motorcycle is deemed to require a tow, it will be transported along with your motorcycle.
31. Adventure bikes are covered by this policy, however, as per Section 8, your location must be safe, accessible and a designated road.
32. Should a member fall ill or injured and be more than 100km from your registered address, and unable to safely ride your motorcycle, we will pickup your motorcycle as per the towing allowances in your member plan. A Doctors Certificate must be presented to Rider Support Australia within seven (7) days via email@example.com, otherwise the member will be liable for the full cost of the tow.
33. Approved Club Member Roadside Assistance package features are identical to our Premium Roadside Assistance package, and as such all features, benefits, terms and conditions for Premium Roadside Assistance apply to the Approved Club Member Roadside Assistance package as set out above.
34. Premium Plus + Roadside Assistance package features are identical to our Premium Roadside Assistance package, and as such all features, benefits, terms and conditions for Premium Roadside Assistance apply to the Premium Plus + Roadside Assistance package as set out above.
35. EMERGENCY CONDITIONS - We offer Emergency Roadside Assistance on our Premium Roadside Assistance memberships ONLY. This comes at an additional charge you need to select at your initial signup and will not be a part of your renewal amount. Any renewals will be at our Premium Roadside Assistance price. When choosing EMERGENCY ROADSIDE you will become an immediate member, however please allow approximately ten (10) minutes for your details to be updated across the network, note that this process may take up to thirty (30) minutes in some instances. You will then be able to call for immediate assistance. PLEASE NOTE: Additional member benefits, such as ambulance cover, breakdown accommodation, accident accommodation and car hire are not able to be claimed within the first thirty (30) days of all emergency sign ups.
Australian Consumer Law
Our Services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law.
For major failures with the service, you are entitled to:
You are also entitled for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. If the failure does not amount to a major failure you are entitled to have problems with the service rectified in a reasonable time, and if this is not done, to cancel your service and obtain a refund for the unused portion of the service agreement.